- Christmas Eve, December 24, 2017: All park buildings close at 3pm.
- Christmas Day, December 25, 2017: All park buildings are closed.
- New Year's Eve, December 31, 2017: All park buildings are open regular hours.
- New Year's Day, January 1, 2018: Liberty Bell Center and Independence Hall are open 11am to 4pm. Independence Visitor Center is open 8:30am to 6pm. All other park buildings are closed.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, January 15, 2018: Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Benjamin Franklin Museum are open 9am to 5pm; Independence Visitor Center open 8:30am to 6pm. All other park buildings are closed.
- Presidents' Day, February 19, 2018: Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Benjamin Franklin Museum are open 9am to 5pm; Independence Visitor Center open 8:30am to 6pm. All other park buildings are closed.
Liberty Bell Center
Through June 2018: Open daily 9am - 5pm
Security screening closes 5 minutes before the building closes
Check back for summer hours
Independence Square Buildings
The buildings in the Independence Square security area include Independence Hall, Congress Hall, and the Great Essentials Exhibit in the West Wing. Access to the Square is through a security entrance located at 5th and Chestnut Streets. Security screening closes 15 minutes prior to the building closing times. *Note: Old City Hall and the Independence Square Museum Store are not within the security area.
- Independence Hall
Through June 2018: Open daily, 9am - 5pm
Tickets are required March - December; no tickets are required in January - February, or after 5pm during summer hours. No tickets are required on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (December 24), or Independence Day (July 4).
Check back for summer hours
- Congress Hall
Open daily: 9am - 5pm
April - October: Tours every 20 minutes
November, December and March: Tours every 30 minutes
January - February: Self-guided
Franklin Court Buildings
The Franklin Court complex includes the Benjamin Franklin Museum, the Franklin Court Printing Office & Bindery, the Fragments of Franklin Court Archeological Exhibit, the B. Free Franklin branch of the U.S. Post Office, and the Benjamin Franklin Museum Store.
- B. Free Franklin branch of the U.S. Post Office
Open Monday - Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Benjamin Franklin Museum Store
Open daily 9am - 5pm
The buildings in Carpenters' Court include Carpenters' Hall and the New Hall Military Museum.
- Carpenters' Hall
March - December: Open Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 4pm
January - February: Open Wednesday - Sunday 10am - 4pm
Other Park Sites
- City Tavern
March through December: Opens daily at 11:30am for dining
January and February: Open Tuesday through Sunday at 11:30am for dining; also open for dining on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and Presidents' Day
Nearby National Park Service Sites