Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, masks are required in park buildings, regardless of vaccination status. Please maintain social distancing protocols and expect reduced capacity limits.
Access to Independence National Historical Park is as follows:
- Indoor spaces:
- Independence Visitor Center
- Open daily from 9am to 5pm, 200-person capacity
- Independence Hall
- Open daily from 9am to 5pm. Entrance is by timed, ticketed tour only. Learn how to obtain tickets. Capacity is 17 visitors per tour.
- Liberty Bell Center
- Open daily from 9am to 5pm, 62-person capacity
- Congress Hall
- Open daily from 9am to 5pm. Entrance by tour only; no tickets are required. Tours are every 20 minutes. Capacity is 24 visitors per tour.
- Old City Hall lobby exhibit
- Open daily from 10am to 4:30pm, 11-person capacity
- America's National Parks Store in Old City Hall
- Open daily from 10am to 4:30pm
- Benjamin Franklin Museum and Store
- Open daily from 9am to 5pm, 100-person capacity
- Second Bank of the U.S.
- Open daily from 10am to 5pm, 113-person capacity
- Free Quaker Meeting House
- Open Friday and Saturday from 11am to 4pm, 11-person capacity
- Outdoor spaces, including:
- Independence Mall
- South Side of Independence Square
- Franklin Court Courtyard
- Washington Square at Walnut Street between 6th and 7th Streets
- Rose Garden between Walnut and Locust Streets and 4th and 5th Streets
- Magnolia Garden on Locust Street between 4th and 5th Streets
- The gardens between 3rd and 5th Streets and Walnut and Chestnut Streets
- City Tavern
- Franklin Court Printing Office and Fragments of Franklin Court archeological exhibit
- Great Essentials Exhibit in the West Wing of Independence Hall
- Old City Hall Supreme Court chamber
- Declaration House
- New Hall Military Museum
- Todd and White Houses
- Germantown White House
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site
While the listed areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased, and services may be limited. When recreating, please recreate responsibly by keeping social distance, wearing a face covering indoors, and staying home if you feel sick.