The Bishop White House is located at 309 Walnut Street, between 3rd and 4th Streets.
Hours and Fees
Through June 2020: Closed
When the site is open, timed entry tickets are required. Sign up for a tour at the Independence Visitor Center on the morning of your visit. Tours are limited to ten (10) people; tickets are limited in quantity, and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Bishop White House is the home of the Reverend Dr. William White, a beloved rector of Christ Church and St. Peter's Church for many years. The house has been restored to reflect the lifestyle of upper-class Philadelphians during the late 18th century. Many of the items in the house actually belonged to the Bishop, including the book he was reading right before he died in July 1836.
The Bishop White House is wheelchair accessible on the first floor only. The house consists of narrow hallways and many steps. Learn more about the accessibility services offered throughout the park on our website.
Last updated: September 3, 2019