Planning Your Walk or Hike
We truely believe any trail in old-growth redwooods is "the best trail". A quality experience in a few places may be better than trying to see it all.
No matter your comfort level and experience, there are plenty of walking and hiking options in the redwoods. For orientation and planning purposes, we consider the Klamath River as the boundary between the north and south areas of the parks. Crescent City and Hiouchi is in the north, Klamath in the middle, and Orick is in the south.
Start making your plans based your answers to these questions...
- Do you have less than an hour, or a full day?
- What is the fitness level of your group?
- Which area of the parks do you want see?
- Do you need easy parking, and paved roads?
- What are your accessibility requirements?