- National Park: Redwood National Park is free to visit!
- California State Parks: Jedediah Smith, Del Norte Coast, and Prairie Creek Redwoods state parks collect day-use fees at campground entrance stations.
All park entrance/day-use fees within Redwood National and State Parks are waived on the following days:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 18, 2016
- Presidents Day weekend, February 13-15, 2016
- National Park Week’s opening weekend, April 16-17, 2016
- National Park Service’s 100th birthday, August 25, 2016
- National Public Lands Day, September 24, 2016
- Veterans Day, November 11, 2016
- Campgrounds: Fees ($35) are required for camping at all campgrounds; reservations are strongly recommended for camping at the Jedediah Smith, Mill Creek, and Elk Prairie campgrounds between May and late September. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling 1-800-444-7275 or online at ReserveAmerica.com.
- Backcountry: Free permits are required for overnight use of all designated backcountry camps (exception: Gold Bluffs Beach/$5 per person, per night), available at Kuchel Visitor Center, and Hiouchi Visitor Center.