- National Park: Redwood National Park is free to visit!
- California State Parks: Jedediah Smith, Del Norte Coast, and Prairie Creek Redwoods state parks collect day-use fees at campground entrance stations. There is a day-use fee to enter Gold Bluffs Beach & Fern Canyon.
All park entrance/day-use fees within Redwood National and State Parks are waived on the following days:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 16, 2017
- Presidents Day weekend, February 20, 2017
- National Park Week’s opening weekend, April 15-16, 2017
- National Park Service’s 101st birthday, August 25, 2017
- National Public Lands Day, September 30, 2017
- Veterans Day Weekend, November 11-12, 2017
- Campgrounds: Fees ($35) are required for camping at all campgrounds; reservations are strongly recommended for camping at all the campgrounds between May and late September. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling 1-800-444-7275 or online at ReserveCalifornia.
- Backcountry: Free permits are required for overnight use of all designated backcountry camps (exception: Gold Bluffs Beach/$5 per person, per night), available at Kuchel Visitor Center, and Hiouchi Visitor Center.