Your Park to Explore…
- 40 miles of the Middle Delaware National Scenic and Recreational River
- 67,000 acres of forested mountains, riverine valleys, and fertile floodplains
- Tumbling waters, rhododendron ravines, and hemlock forests
- The spectacular Delaware Water Gap
- More than 100 miles of hiking trails along streams, ridges, and mountaintops
- Bountiful wildlife in habitats ranging from river to ridge top
- 27 miles of the Appalachian Trail
- More than 100 miles of scenic roadways
- Historic villages, structures, and landscapes from the valley's colonial past
- Agricultural fields that have been farmed for more than a thousand years
Where to begin? This "Plan Your Visit" section has all kinds of helpful tips about things to do and places to go. Dig in for information about accessibility, safety, directions, operating hours and seasons, places to eat and sleep, fees, permits and reservations, and other basic information for trip planning. Find a variety of activities and events hosted by the park and various park partners on the calendar.
Enjoy this rural vacationland.