With nearly 70,000 acres to explore, how do you decide where to start? Here are some suggestions to help you discover what interests you most.
- All visitor centers offer park information and brochures. Some have exhibits, offer programs, passport cancellation stamps and other services.
- No trip would be complete without a stop at the spectacular Delaware Water Gap, a vacationers' icon for over a century.
- The valley is dotted with numerous historic places, including Millbrook Village, which is a collection of historic and other buildings that let you explore life in the valley during the late 1800s.
- The Middle Delaware River is the essence of the valley. Enjoy a dip at one of three lifeguarded swim beaches or launch your boat or just enjoy the view at one of the numerous river accesses.
- Numerous waterfalls plunge from the higher elevations, providing cool oases during the summer and spectacular ice walls in the winter.
- Enjoy the view from a scenic vista, hike to Sunfish Pond, or hike one of the numerous park trails.
- Enjoy a leisurely drive or bike ride along the scenic and historic Old Mine Road.
- Enjoy a lunch or a snack at one of the park picnic areas.
- Purchase water bottles, walking sticks, t-shirts, light snacks, books, magnets, pins, maps, and other items that will help you enjoy and remember your trip at one of the park bookstores.