In early March, 2018, the area was impacted by a series of severe winter storms. Heavy, wet snow and wind gusts in excess of 40 mph toppled numerous trees and power lines. In mid-May, the area was impacted by another powerful storm that contained high winds, resulting in more damage to trees and power lines. Our assessment of the damage to trails and facilities from these storms is ongoing.
Most trails are open and accessible, but several remain closed due to public hazard. The following trails remain closed:
- Cliff Park Trails in PA (including Hackers, Pond Loop, Buchanan, Cliff, and Milford Knob)
- Conashaugh View Horse Trail in PA
- Two Ponds Trail at the Pocono Environmental Education Center in PA
- George W. Childs Park Trail in PA
- Dingmans Creek Trail in PA (including Dingmans and Silverthread Falls)
- Hornbecks Creek Trail in PA
- Toms Creek Trail in PA
- Adams Creek in PA
- Van Campen Glen in NJ
- Kaiser Trail in NJ
Please visit the "Hiking" page for a comphrehensive list of open and closed trails.
Assessments and repairs will continue throughout summer season. Pay attention to trail closure signage, and visit www.facebook.com/DelWaterGapNPS for the latest updates. Note: a Facebook account is not necessary to view posts on Facebook.