Four kayakers (two men, two women) face the camera with a row of thick trees lining the river bank behind.
Situated just 90 minutes from New York City and Philadelphia, the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area is the ideal place to get outdoors, year around. Come see for yourself. You won't regret it!


Livery Companies Operating in the Park

Do you need to rent a canoe, kayak, or raft? While the park doesn't offer equipment rentals, we have companies all around us that do! These companies are called liveries. Liveries, or vessel rental companies, are here for you.

Some of these companies have gone the extra step to become authorized Commercial Use Permit holders, which means they are allowed to operate within the park. These companies have agreed to follow all state, federal, and park regulations about conducting safe operations within the national recreation area and on the Delaware river. This is for your safety, and our commercial use permit holders work with us to make sure you are safe during your visit.

These trusted commercial use permit holders allow visitors to book with confidence, knowing that safety is number one, and enjoyment is a valued and important second. These companies want to make your visit so fun that you will come back every summer.

Our commercial use permit holders are expert at providing the service you expect, allowing you the comfort of knowing a good time is just a paddle away.

How does it work?

Typically, liveries that you book with will bring a canoe, kayak, or raft for you to the put-in location and pick it up from your take-out location. Liveries provide everything needed for your trip, like paddles, life jackets, and important safety briefings with the most up to date information about the river on the day of your journey. They are also your ride back to your car depending on the trip you book.

Most liveries rent canoes, kayaks, rafts, tubes, and some even rent paddleboards and bicycles. Give the liveries a call to check for details, and don't be afraid to shop around for the best deal. Our commercial use permit holders are competitive and will work hard for your business.

*The following liveries have obtained the necessary commercial use permits to operate within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.

Authorized permit holders are listed in alphabetical order below:

  • Adventure Sports, Inc., (Canoe, Kayak, and Raft rentals) Marshalls Creek, PA, Phone: 800-487-2628
  • Chamberlain Canoes, (Canoe and Kayak, Raft, and Tube rentals) Minisink Hills, PA, Phone: 800-422-6631
  • Delaware River Campground, (Call for details) Columbia, NJ, Phone: 908-475-4517
  • Driftstone Campground, (Personal watercraft available to registered campers only), Mount bethel, PA, Phone: 888-355-6859

  • Edge of the Woods Outfitters, (Canoe, Kayak, Raft, and Bicycle Rentals) Delaware Water Gap, PA, Phone: 570-421-6681
  • Kayak East, (Kayak Instruction Only) East Stroudsburg, PA, Phone: 866-529-2532
  • Shawnee River Trips, (Canoe, Kayak, and Raft rentals, also Guided Pontoon tours) Shawnee on Delaware, PA, Phone: 570-424-4000 ext. 1464
  • Sun NG Kittatinny RV LLC. (Canoe, Kayak, Tandem Kayak, Raft, and Tube rentals), Dingmans Ferry, PA, Phone: 800-356-2852

Loading weather forecast...

Last updated: August 5, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
P.O. Box 2

Bushkill, PA 18324


570 426-2452

Contact Us