There is no fee to enter Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. However, Expanded Amenity Fees are charged April through October at the following developed areas in the park.
- Milford Beach (in Pennsylvania)
- Dingmans Access (in Pennsylvania)
- Bushkill Access (in Pennsylvania)
- Smithfield Beach (in Pennsylvania)
- Watergate Recreation Site (in New Jersey)
- Turtle Beach (in New Jersey)
Expanded Amenity Fee Schedule
No fee is charged for those who are dropping off or picking up people from the river access ramps and those walking through Smithfield Beach on McDade Recreational Trail. Expanded Amenity Fees are not covered by America the Beautiful Annual Pass. However, holders of the America the Beautiful Senior and Access Passes, and National Park Service Golden Age and Golden Access Passes are eligible for a 50% discount on the Expanded Amenity Fees.
- Private vehicle (up to 7 persons): $10.00 per vehicle
- Vehicles with 8 or more adults (age 16 or older): $2.00 per person
- Pedestrian (age 16 or older): $2.00 per person
Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Season Passes
Season passes can be purchased at park headquarters. Holders of the America the Beautiful Senior and Access Passes and National Park Service Golden Age and Golden Access Passes are eligible for a 50% discount on season passes.
Click here to download the application for an annual park pass.
- Season Pass: $45
- Second Season Pass registered to the same name and address: $25
- Third Season Pass registered to the same name and address: $12.50
America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass
If you plan to visit other parks with an entrance fee, learn more about the America the Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass series and Free Entrance Days in the national parks.
Commercial Vehicle Program
All commercial vehicles may travel on U.S. Route 209 between the following points without a permit:
In January 2018, Congress passed Public Law 109-156, the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Improvement Act. Until September 30, 2021, the Act allows the utilization of US 209 between US 206 in Milford and Bushkill Falls Road in Bushkill for permitted commercial vehicles with four or fewer axles. Commercial vehicles that are eligible for a permit must be:
- Milford to the Delaware River Bridge leading to U.S. Route 206 in New Jersey
- Mile 0 of U.S. Route 209 in Bushkill to Bushkill Falls Road
The adjacent municipalities are defined by law as: Delaware Township, Dingman Township, Lehman Township, Matamoras Borough, Middle Smithfield Township, Milford Borough, Milford Township, Smithfield Township, and Westfall Township in Pennsylvania.
- owned and operated by a business located in the recreation area or one or more of the adjacent municipalities, or
- necessary to provide services to businesses or persons located in the recreation area or one or more of the adjacent municipalities.
From May 2018 to December 2018 permits will cost $100 for the 2018 permit, due to prorated amount for the initial launch of the permit program. However after this time period annual permits will cost $200 per vehicle. Permits are valid for a calendar year and expire December 31. All revenue received from permits is used for the administration and enforcement of the program.
The following vehicles may use Highway 209 without a fee or permit requirement:
Click here to download the 2021 application for a commercial vehicle permit.
- Local school buses
- Fire, ambulance, and other safety and emergency vehicles
Commercial vehicle permit applications can be mailed along with proof of insurance and a check or money order of $200 (per vehicle) to:
Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
For More Information
Call (570) 426-2434 if you need additional information about fees and passes. If we are unable to take your call, please leave us a message with your contact information, and we will return your call as soon as we are available to do so. We appreciate your interest in your park.
Attn: Commercial Vehicle Permit
1978 River Road
Bushkill, PA 18324