Pets are permitted in most areas of the park and must be on a 6-foot leash at all times. Pets may not be tied to an object and left unattended or left in a vehicle. Please clean up after your pet. Report lost pets to the park communication center at (570) 426-2457.
Pets are NOT permitted at the following sites:
- Smithfield and Milford Beach between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Raymondskill Falls and Dingmans Falls
- George W. Childs Park
- Valley View Group Campsites
- Hidden Lake
- Hialeah Picnic Area
- McDade Trail from milepost 1.0 to milepost 2.5 (from June 1 to September 8)
In New Jersey:
- Turtle Beach
- Rivers Bend Group Campsites
- Watergate Recreation Site
- Kittatinny Point (picnic areas and visitor center area)
National Park Service regulations exempt service animals, such as guide dogs for the blind and signal dogs for the hearing-impaired, from pet prohibitions.