Sections of Towpath Trail Closed For Replacement of Four Bridges
1. Boston Store Pedestrian Bridge, just south of Boston Store Visitor Center
- No south-bound traffic from Boston Store
- No access to Boston Store from Lock 29
- No through traffic. Anyone heading northbound will need to turn around at the closure.
- There will be not access from the overflow lot as construction equipment will be stationed there.
- No through traffic on the Valley and Buckeye Trails
2. Trail Bridge #4, just south of Deep Lock Quarry
- No south-bound traffic from Deep Lock Quarry
3. Trail Bridge #5, between Deep Lock Quarry and Furnace Run at Hunt House.
4. Furnace Run Bridge, just north of Hunt House
Note that access to Lock 29 is not affected. Visitors can travel north and south on the towpath from Lock 29 but will be turned around before Boston Store and Deep Lock Quarry.
- No northbound traffic from Hunt House
Valley Bridle Trail Closure: Valley Bridle Trail south of SR 303, across from golf course, is collapsed by river. Hard closure in place. Signs posted.
Dickerson Run Trail Closed: This trail is closed until further notice.
Brandywine Falls Safety Alert: Do not climb Brandywine Falls or the fences and rocks in this area. Accidents in this area have led to serious injury and death.
Virginia Kendall Ledges: No rock climbing is permitted. Please follow the rules to protect your self and the organisms that grow on the rocks.
Ice Box Cave: Bat Population Threatened
Ice Box Cave, located at Ritchie Ledges, is closed in an effort to slow the spread of white-nose syndrome (WNS), a fungal disease that has killed millions of bats in the northeastern and eastern U.S. and threatens our bat population in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
WNS is spread by bat-to-bat transmission and by humans transporting fungal spores on their shoes, clothes, and other gear from contaminated sites. Help slow the spread of WNS and reduce disturbance to bats by staying out of the cave. Please report any unusual bat activity, such as, bats flying outside during the day in cold winter months or bats clustering near the entrance to the cave.Contact Park Dispatch at 440-546-5945.