As you follow the story you will have two ways to explore Island of the Blue Dolphins:
- Themes—Organizes consecutive chapters into groups that share a common theme in the story.
- Chapters—Allows you to quickly access any chapter in the book.
On each chapter webpage look for and explore:
- A short chapter summary
- Fact Checks that help readers compare the fictional world Scott O'Dell created to what we now know about the Channel Islands in the 1800s
- Voices from the Field where researchers and scientists comment on special topics
- Photos & Multimedia links
- Teacher Resources with supplemental materials for classroom use, including primary source materials