If You Have Mobility Needs
- All visitor centers are accessible. Our park map shows exact locations and specific features.
- Many of the park's most popular attractions are fully accessible: the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail (including the Beaver Marsh near Ira Trailhead), Canal Exploration Center, the Everett Covered Bridge, Brandywine Falls (upper boardwalk), and the heronry along Bath Road.
- Begin your adventure at Boston Store Visitor Center. Pick up or download the park's Schedule of Events. Ranger-led program descriptions include trail surface, presence of stairs and hills, distance, and pace.
- The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad has a car with a lift. To request seats in it, call 800-468-4070 ext. 1.
- All children can earn a badge using the park's Junior Ranger Handbook or Junior Ranger, Jr. Activity Cards.
- Horseshoe Pond has an accessible fishing pier close to the parking lot.
- The picnic shelters at Octagon and Ledges are accessible rental facilities. Book them at recreation.gov. For a list of picnic areas with accessible tables click here.
- The national park and its partners offer self-guided Canalway Quests. Rhyming clues tell a place's special story. Quests list mobility considerations;several are wheelchair accessible.
- Stanford House offers an accessible room for overnight lodging.
Operating a motor vehicle is generally prohibited on trails within Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP). In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act however, persons with disabilities may use a "Other Power Driven Mobility Device (OPMD) such as an e-bike.
- Disabled persons may use e-bikes rated at 1 horsepower or 750 watts, or similar OPMDs in areas open to pedestrian use wherever possible.
- Until recently, the park required that disabled persons obtain a free permit prior to use on the trail. This requirement has been discontinued.
- Disabled persons wishing to use an e-bike on the Towpath Trail may do so and there is no requirement to obtain a permit or otherwise explain the nature of their disability.