If You Have Mobility Needs
- All visitor centers are accessible. Our park map shows exact locations and specific features. Elevator at Canal Exploration Center is currently out of order.
- Many of the park's most popular attractions are fully accessible: the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail (including the Beaver Marsh near Ira Trailhead), Canal Exploration Center, the Everett Covered Bridge, Brandywine Falls (upper boardwalk), and the heronry along Bath Road.
- Begin your adventure at Boston Store Visitor Center. Pick up or download the park's Schedule of Events. Ranger-led program descriptions include trail surface, presence of stairs and hills, distance, and pace.
- The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad has a car with a lift. To request seats in it, call 800-468-4070 ext. 1.
- All children can earn a badge using the park's Junior Ranger Handbook or Junior Ranger, Jr. Activity Cards.
- Horseshoe Pond has an accessible fishing pier close to the parking lot.
- The picnic shelters at Octagon and Ledges are accessible rental facilities. Book them at recreation.gov. For a list of picnic areas with accessible tables click here.
- The national park and its partners offer self-guided Canalway Quests. Rhyming clues tell a place's special story. Quests list mobility considerations;several are wheelchair accessible.
- Stanford House offers an accessible room for overnight lodging.