Survey of Historic Sites and Buildings
C. Sites Eligible For the Registry of National Historic Landmarks
Most of the historic sites in this group have been judged by the Advisory Board on National Parks, Historic Sites, Buildings, and Monuments to meet the criteria of "exceptional value" for commemorating or illustrating the phases of U.S. history treated in this volume. A few, however, which have primary associations with other phases of history, have been included in this section and the "Other Sites Considered" section because of their secondary or peripheral associations with the period treated in this volume. As historic sites of national importance, all of them have been declared by the Secretary of the Interior to be eligible for inclusion in the Registry of National Historic Landmarks. Some have already been designated Registered National Historic Landmarks, and others will receive the designation upon application of the owners. A few have been proposed for addition to the National Park System.1. Apalachicola Fort, Ala.
2. Fort Toulouse (Fort Jackson), Ala.
3. Awatovi, Ariz.
4. San Xavier del Bac Mission, Ariz.
5. Carmel Mission, Calif.
6. Fort Ross, Calif.
7. Old Mission Dam (Padre Dam), Calif.
8. Royal Presidio Chapel, Calif.
9. San Diego Presidio, Calif.
10. Santa Barbara Mission, Calif.
11. Stanley Whitman House, Conn.
12. Fort Christina Del.
13. Holy Trinity (Old Swedes) Church, Del.
14. San Luis de Talimali (Apalache), Fla.
15. Fort de Chartres, Ill.
16. Old Kaskaskia Village Site, Ill.
17. Starved Rock, Ill.
18. El Cuartelejo (Scott County Pueblo Site), Kans.
19. Tobias-Thompson Complex, Kans.
20. Cabildo, La.
21. Fort de la Boulaye, La.
22. Jackson Square, La.
23. Ursuline Convent, La.
24. Cole's Hill, Mass.
25. Fairbanks House, Mass.
26. Old Ship Church, Mass.
27. Parson Capen House, Mass.
28. Paul Revere House, Mass.
29. "Scotch"-Boardman House, Mass.
30. Whipple House, Mass.
31. Fort Michilimackinac, Mich.
32. St. Ignace Mission, Mich.
33. Kathio Site, Minn.
34. Fatherland Plantation Site (Grand Village of the Natchez), Miss.
35. Utz Site, Mo.
36. Pike-Pawnee Village Site (Hill Site), Nebr.
37. Acoma Pueblo, N. Mex.
38. Hawikuh, N. Mex.
39. Palace of the Governors, N. Mex.
40. San Gabriel de Yungue-ouinge, N. Mex.
41. Taos Pueblo, N. Mex.
42. Boughton Hill (Gannagaro) Site, N.Y.
43. Dutch Reformed (Sleepy Hollow) Church, N.Y.
44. Fort Crailo, N.Y.
45. Fort St. Frederic, N.Y.
46. Old House, N.Y.
47. Philipsburg Manor, Upper Mills, N.Y.
48. Philipse Manor Hall, N.Y.
49. Van Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.
50. Voorlezer's House, N.Y.
51. Menoken Indian Village Site, N. Dak.
52. Forks of the Ohio, Pa.
53. The Printzhof, Pa.
54. Wanton-Lyman-Hazard House, R.I.
55. Adam Thoroughgood House, Va.
56. Bacon's Castle, Va.
57. St. Luke's Church, Va.
58. La Fortaleza, P.R.
Last Updated: 22-Mar-2005