- Pets must be restrained on a leash that is six feet or shorter in length on all park lands at all times.
- Pets should not be left unattended. Summer sunshine poses a threat to pets in vehicles.
- Human companions are responsible for cleaning up and depositing pet waste in trash receptacles.
Where Pets Are Allowed
- There are over 110 miles of hiking trails and 20 of the Towpath Trail in the park where pets are permitted.
- Pets are permitted in the Stanford Campground
Where Pets Are Not Allowed
- In any park building, with the exception of service dogs
- On the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad Train
- Keeping pets on trail and on leash will minimize exposure to poison ivy and ticks.
- Restrictions on pets in parks are as much to protect your pet as to protect park resources.
- Use extra caution when hiking in icy and snowy conditions with pets.
- Carrying extra water is advised, especially during hot months and long trips