Bighorn Canyon has approximately:
- 28 miles of described trails (14 trails park wide) within the park.
- The North District of Bighorn Canyon has 3 trails (Beaver Pond Nature Trail, Bighorn Head Gate, & Three Mile Access).
- 11 of the trails are in the South District
Hiking is a great way to experience Bighorn Canyon. These trails offer varying sights and tranquil settings to better explore the natural diversity the park has to offer. Some trails go through historic ranches while others take visitors to scenic vistas. The trail system is a wonderful way to extend your visit and make it truly unique.
Hiking information and maps can be found at:
- Yellowtail Dam Visitor Center
- Cal S. Taggart Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area Visitor Center
- Afterbay Contact Station
- Crooked Creek Contact Station.