Watchman Campground is located ¼ mile from the South Entrance. Tent and electric campsites are available year-round and group campsites are available by reservation from March through October. There are 176 regular sites, 2 wheelchair accessible sites and 6 group sites.
Watchman Campground Accessibility
Watchman Campground has two accessible sites and multiple other flat sites with easy access to six accessible restrooms. The road access route to the Visitor Center and Shuttle Stop has grades of up to 5% for 30’ stretches, but has trench drain covers across sections of road with openings wider than 1” in certain locations. An alternate concrete and asphalt-paved pathway adjacent to the amphitheater through the river entrance plaza has slopes of up to 18% for 5’ stretches and slopes up to 8% for 39’ stretches. The amphitheater has accessible seating located on the top row.
Watchman Campground is primarily occupied by reservations from March through the end of November.
Reservations for campsites at Watchman Campground may be made six months prior to your arrival date online at www.recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777. Reservations are strongly suggested--the campground is full every night during the reservation season.
Reservation Season Camping (February 28, 2018 - November 26, 2018)
A Loop Reservations begin Wednesday February 28, 2018, end November 26, 2018.
B Loop Reservations begin Thursday March 15, 2018, end November 26, 2018.
C Loop Reservations begin Wednesday February 28, 2018, end November 26, 2018.
D Loop Reservations begin Wednesday March 7, 2018, end November 26, 2018.
E Loop Reservations (Group sites) begin Wednesday March 7, 2018, end October 29, 2018.
F Loop Reservations (Tent only sites, Walk-to) begin Wednesday March 7, 2018 to October 29, 2018.
There are 6 group campsites that are limited to one site per affiliated group at a time with a seven day per stay limit. The group campsites are tent only sites. RVs, camping trailers, and pop-up campers are not permitted to camp in these sites. Hammocks are not allowed in group sites. The sites can accommodate 7 to 40 campers. E1 holds 15-30 people and is $130.00/night, E2 holds 15-25 people and is $90.00/night, E3 holds 20-40 people and is $130.00/night, E5 holds 7-15 people and is $50.00/night and E7 holds 20-40 people and is $130.00/night.
- B Loop is RV only.
- Generators are not permitted in Watchman Campground.
- There are no full-hookup campsites; a dump station is available for campers.
- Shaded/tree sites can only accommodate vehicles with maximum height of 12' 6" (3.81 m).
- There are 69 campsites that are for tents only with combined vehicle length less than 19' (5.8 m).
- There are 18 Tent Only, Walk-in campsites. These sites are a short walking distance from vehicle parking and are ideal for bicyclists and backpackers.
- Electric campsites are $30.00 per night (Loops A and B).
- Tent Only campsites are $20.00 per night (Loops C, D, and F).
- Campsite fees increased on January 1, 2016.
Please note: Owners of an Interagency Senior or Access or a Golden Age or Access Pass receive a 50% discount on camping fees.