Please Note: Watchman Campground will close on Monday, November 28, 2016 at 11:00 am and reopen for first-come-first serve camping on Friday, December 2, 2016. The campground will be closed for 4 days due to maintenance and tree trimming. South Campground will remain open during this time.
Watchman Campground is located ¼ mile from the South Entrance. Tent and electric campsites are available year-round and group campsites are available by reservation from March through October. There are 176 regular sites, 2 wheelchair accessible sites and 6 group sites.
Watchman Campground is primarily occupied by reservations from March through the end of November.
Reservations for campsites at Watchman Campground may be made six months prior to your arrival date online at www.recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777. Reservations are strongly suggested--the campground is full every night during the reservation season.
Reservation Season Camping (February 24, 2017 - November 27, 2017)
A-Loop: Reservations begin Wednesday March 15th, end November 27, 2017.
B-Loop: Reservations begin Friday February 24, end September 15, 2017. B Loop will be closing early due to construction.
C-Loop: Reservations from Friday February 24, end November 27, 2017.
D-Loop: Reservations from Friday March 3, end November 27, 2017.
E-Loop:(Group Sites): Group sites will be available by reservation starting Friday March 3, 2017 and will close for the season on Monday October 30, 2017.
F-Loop:(Tent Only, Walk-to Sites): Walk to sites will be available for reservations starting on Friday March 3, 2017 and closing for the season on Monday October 30, 2017.
There are 6 group campsites that are limited to one site per affiliated group at a time with a seven day per stay limit. The sites can accommodate from 9 to 40 campers. The group campsites are tent only. RVs, camping trailers, and pop-up campers are not permitted. Cost $50.00 per night for 7-12 people, $90.00 per night for 16-25 people and $130.00 per night for 26-40 people.
Watchman Campground Regulations
- Generators are not permitted, but 95 campsites have electrical hookups. Reserve an electric campsite if you need power.
- There are no full-hookup campsites; a dump station is available for campers.
- Shaded/tree sites can only accommodate vehicles with maximum height of 13' (3.96m).
- There are 69 campsites that are for tents only with combined vehicle length less than 19' (5.8 m).
- There are 18 Tent Only, Walk-in campsites. These sites are a short walking distance from vehicle parking and are ideal for bicyclists and backpackers.
- Electric campsites are $30.00 per night (Loops A and B).
- Tent Only campsites are $20.00 per night (Loops C, D, and F).
- Campsite fees increased on January 1, 2016.
Please note: Owners of an Interagency Senior or Access or a Golden Age or Access Pass receive a 50% discount on camping fees.