Watchman Loop A will be closed for construction starting October 1, 2016. Loop A will re-open for the 2017 season.
Watchman Campground is located ¼ mile from the South Entrance. Tent and electric campsites are available year-round and group campsites are available by reservation from March through October. There are 176 regular sites, 2 wheelchair accessible sites and 6 group sites.
Watchman Campground is primarily occupied by reservations from March through the end of November.
Reservations for campsites, at Watchman Campground, for camping from March 2016 through November 2016, may be made six months prior to your arrival date online at www.recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777. Reservations are strongly suggested--the campground is full every night during the reservation season.
Reservation Season Camping (March-November 2016)
A-Loop: Reservations from Friday February 26th - September 30, 2016.
B-Loop: Reservations from Friday March 4th - November 28, 2016.
C-Loop: Reservations from Friday February 26 - November 28, 2016.
D-Loop: Reservations from Friday March 4th - November 28, 2016.
E-Loop:(Group Sites): Group sites will be available by reservation starting May 2, 2016 and will close for the season on October 31, 2016.
F-Loop:(Tent Only, Walk-to Sites): Walk to sites will be available for reservations starting on Sunday April 2, 2016 and closing for the season on October 31, 2016.
There are 6 group campsites that are limited to one site per affiliated group at a time with a seven day per stay limit. The sites can accommodate from 9 to 40 campers. The group campsites are tent only. RVs, camping trailers, and pop-up campers are not permitted. Cost $50.00 per night for 7-12 people, $90.00 per night for 16-25 people and $130.00 per night for 26-40 people.
Watchman Campground Regulations
- Generators are not permitted, but 95 campsites have electrical hookups. Reserve an electric campsite if you need power.
- There are no full-hookup campsites; a dump station is available for campers.
- Shaded/tree sites can only accommodate vehicles with maximum height of 13' (3.96m).
- There are 69 campsites that are for tents only with combined vehicle length less than 19' (5.8 m).
- There are 18 Tent Only, Walk-in campsites. These sites are a short walking distance from vehicle parking and are ideal for bicyclists and backpackers.
- Electric campsites are $30.00 per night (Loops A and B).
- Tent Only campsites are $20.00 per night (Loops C, D, and F).
- Campsite fees increased on January 1, 2016.
Please note: Owners of an Interagency Senior or Access or a Golden Age or Access Pass receive a 50% discount on camping fees.