Your Dollars At Work

A National Park Service Fee Collector smiles as a visitor hands her their entry pass.
Your fees help us pay for a variety of projects that improve your experience at Zion National Park.

NPS/ Jonathan Schafer


How your fees help

Millions of visitors enjoy Zion every year. As visitation grows, the National Park Service is working to upgrade infrastructure, protect natural resources, expand accessibility, and elevate your experience at Zion.

Your fee dollars are an important part of accomplishing those goals. About 80% of the fees we collect are invested directly into projects across Zion. The other 20% are shared with national parks across the United States that do not collect fees.

Below you can see some of the projects we have accomplished at Zion National Park using funds collected through fees!

Thanks to your fees, we are able to:

To staff members work on the Canyon Overlook trail surrounded by several rocks being prepared for use in trail repairs.
Repairs to the Canyon Overlook trail.


Repair masonry along the Canyon Overlook Trail

Trails lead to amazing places, and Canyon Overlook is no exception. Originally constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps, the trail needed improvement. Thanks to fee supported construction, hikers now enjoy rehabilitated trail tread, stairways, and hand rails.

Reopen the Middle Emerald Pools Trail

Rockfall is a fact of life in Zion, and it can affect access to roads, parking areas, and trails. Middle Emerald Pools Trail reopened after a multi-year closure thanks to the combined support of entrance fees and generous donations from our non-profit partner, Zion Forever.
Two rangers lead a group of young students in an activity.
Fees pay for rangers who provide programs and other services for park visitors.


Conduct ranger-led activites

Park rangers welcome visitors and host a variety of programs to share information about the landscapes, plants, animals, and human history that define this special place.
An exhibit about wildlife on the high plateaus, including a taxidermized bald eagle and red-tailed hawk.
The new exhibits in the Nature Center are perfect for kids!

NPS/ Lee Franklin

Upgrade exhibits in the Nature Center

In the summer, the Zion Nature Center serves as our park's junior ranger station. Children of all ages are invited to enjoy exhibits that teach about every part of the park.
Postcard image depicting a view of Zion Canyon from atop the east rim, looking south over Angels Landing.
Postcard of Zion Canyon, 1927. Museum Catalog No. ZION 12335.


Share virtual exhibits from the Zion Human History Museum

Whether you can visit in person or online, we want everyone to enjoy Zion. Professional curators, archivists, and other ranger historians work to make in-person and digital exhibits that share Zion history with everyone.

A stop along the Pa'Rus Trail offering a paved, shaded shelter, with a bench and a wheelchair accessible wayside.
Shade structure and accessible wayside interpretive sign along the Pa'rus Trail.

NPS / Lee Franklin

Make improvements to improve accessibility on the Pa'rus Trail

The Pa'rus Trail is one of the most popular trails in Zion. It is also the only trail that is accessible. Fee dollars pay for amenities like shade structures, accessible wayside interpretive signs, and benches that provide comfort and opportunities for relaxation on the trail.

Provide accessible restrooms, campsites, and picnic areas at Watchman Campground

National parks are for everyone, so ensuring Zion is accessible for everyone is a top priority. Your fees pay for us to make improvements at restrooms, campsites, and picnic areas everyone can enjoy.

Fenced-off construction site at Kolob Canyon Visitor Center.
The new water system at the Kolob Canyons Visitor Center enabled the park to expand its restrooms.


Design and install a new water system at Kolob Canyon Visitor Center

Infrastructure is essential to high quality visitor experiences. At Kolob Canyons, fee dollars supported a multi-year project to overhaul the visitor center water system so that we could expand and improve the buildings' restrooms.

Last updated: April 16, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Zion National Park
1 Zion Park Blvd.

Springdale, UT 84767


If you have questions, please email Listen to recorded information by calling anytime 24 hours a day. Rangers answer phone calls from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. MT, but a ranger may not answer if they are already speaking with someone else.

Contact Us