Permits & Reservations


No permit is required to enter the park; however visitors should attend a backcountry orientation at one of the park's visitor centers. During an orientation you can get valuable information about current weather, fire and wildlife alerts, back country safety, bear safety and Leave No Trace camping techniques. Bear Resistant Food Containers are available to borrow at all park visitor facilities.

Commercial Activities

A business or an individual must obtain either a Concession Contract or a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) prior to conducting any commercial activity in Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve.

These contracts and permits are issued and administered by the National Park Service (NPS).

Visit our webpage Do Business With Us to download a list of authorized commercial guides in Yukon-Charley Rivers or to obtain a permit to conduct business in the park. Contact the visitor center in Eagle with further questions at 907-547-2233.

Film and Photography - UPDATED February 2021

Use of Cabins, Firewood and Caches by Federally Qualified Local Subsistence Users

Special Use Permits - a catch-all category including but not limited to activities such as special assemblies, athletic events or races, temporary access requests, first amendment activities, groups with 12 or more participants, etc.

Research Permits



Reservations are not required for any activities within the preserve, except for organized groups.

If you are traveling in an organized group (i.e. nonprofit, educational, commercial, guided, etc.) please contact the park several months before your travel dates for permit requirements and group size limits.

NOTE: Commercial transporters are required to ensure that all of their clients get the opportunity to receive a backcountry orientation from park rangers prior to entering the park and preserve at one of our visitor centers.

Public Use Cabins

Reservations are not required for any of the public use cabins within the preserve. The cabins are available on a free, first come, first served basis and are intended for short-term recreational use and occupancy only. The use of any combination of public use cabins shall not exceed ten days in a 30 day period without a permit from the Preserve's Superintendent (see Permits section above).



Drone Use: Launching, landing, or operating of drones (i.e., unmanned aircraft) from or on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service is prohibited except as approved in writing by the superintendent.

Last updated: April 19, 2021

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

101 Dunkel St
Suite 110

Fairbanks , AK 99701



Contact Us

Stay Connected