National Condition #14 shall read as follows: 14. Minimum Wage: The holder is required to adhere to Executive Order 13658 – Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors. The implementing regulations, including the applicable authorization clause, are incorporated by reference into this contract as if fully set forth in this contract and available at https://federalregister.gov/a/2014-23533.
Exemption: Under Executive Order 13838, Executive Order 13658 shall not apply to contracts or contract-like instruments entered into with the Federal Government in connection with seasonal recreational services or seasonal recreational equipment rental for the general public on Federal lands, but this exemption shall not apply to lodging and food services associated with seasonal recreational services. Seasonal recreational services include river running, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, camping, mountaineering activities, recreational ski services, and youth camps.
Application Period - November 1st through April 30th
Attention: The National Park Service, Alaska Region has established a specific time period for submitting applications for Commercial Use Authorizations (See NPS Memo for details).
A fully completed application package including fee payment, and other required documentation must be received or postmarked by the April 30th deadline. Applications received or postmarked after April 30th and will not be accepted. Rare exceptions may be made if there are extenuating circumstances involved or if the application is to provide an approved service not currently offered by other commercial operators. Any request for a waiver based upon extenuating circumstances must be submitted in writing and approved by the park Superintendent(s).
You may apply for either a one- or two-year CUA for all park units in the Alaska Region with the exception of Denali, Glacier Bay, Kenai Fjords, and Wrangell-St.Elias.
a) CUA applications for Denali must be submitted directly to Denali beginning November 1, 2017. More information and application materials are available on the Denali CUA Website.
b) CUA applications for Glacier Bay must be submitted directly to Glacier Bay beginning November 1, 2018. More information and application materials are available on the Glacier Bay CUA Website.
c) CUAs for Guided Mountaineering in Kenai Fjords are only issued for one-year; all other commercial activities in Kenai Fjords may be permitted for one or two-years.
d) Air Taxi CUAs in Wrangell-St.Elias are only issued for one-year; all other commercial activities in Wrangell may be permitted for one or two-years.
Application Forms, Instructions & Resources
- Stipulations for Operating Under a CUA - National, Regional, and Park-specific conditions for operating under a CUA
- Commercial Use Authorization Application (Fillable PDF Form)
- Application for the 2019 - 2020 operating years. The application document includes the following content areas: application instructions, approved activities, commercial group size limits, fee schedules, payment instructions, insurance requirements, and park-specific supplemental requirements.
- Sumbit completed CUA Applications with all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
CUA Reporting Forms
- Annual Financial Report - Required for all CUA Holders
- Activity Reporting Forms - Park specific reports required for all CUA Holders
Laws, Regulations, Policies
Doing Business with the Parks
Please visit the individual park websites below for more information about operating in the National Parks.