Before contacting us...
Have you searched the website to find what you're looking for? You can probably find the answer to your question more quickly than waiting for a reply. Some of our most common questions involve:
- Camping (if you can't find a campground reservation, find out how to search for cancellations or information about camping without a reservation)
- Wilderness permits and backpacking
- General hiking information (and Half Dome permits)
- How to get to/from Yosemite when Tioga Road (Highway 120) is closed
- Tire chains
- When will the Tioga Road (continuation of Highway 120 through the park) open?
- Ask a question or make a comment
Please include dates or season of your visit, if applicable. We usually reply to emails within one week.
- Request printed information to be sent by postal mail
For example, trip planners, brochures, and other publications. We may not reply, but you should receive what you requested within a few weeks.
- Lost & Found
- Please include your address and phone number; we will only contact you if we find your item or if we have more questions
General questions: 209/372-0200 (then dial 3 then 5)
Open 9 am to 5 pm Pacific time (closed for lunch). If you're returned to the main menu, it means the ranger is already on the line (try again).
If you have wilderness questions (e.g., hiking Half Dome, backpacking), you can call 209/372-0826, Monday through Friday (9 am to noon and 1 to 4:30 pm) to speak to a wilderness ranger.
Public Information Office
PO Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
Looking for a physical address? Please note that GPS units do not always provide accurate directions to or within Yosemite. Yosemite covers 1,200 square miles and does not have a single address. We do not recommend using GPS units for directions in and around Yosemite.