Before contacting us...
Have you searched the website to find what you're looking for? You can probably find the answer to your question more quickly than waiting for a reply. Some of our most common questions involve:
- Camping (if you can't find a campground reservation, find out how to search for cancellations or information about camping without a reservation)
- Wilderness permits and backpacking
- General hiking information (and Half Dome permits)
- How to get to/from Yosemite when Tioga Road (Highway 120) is closed
- Tire chains
- Ask a question or make a comment
Please include dates or season of your visit, if applicable. We usually reply to emails within one week.
- Request printed information to be sent by postal mail
For example, trip planners, brochures, and other publications. We may not reply, but you should receive what you requested within a few weeks.
- Lost & Found
- Please include your address and phone number; we will only contact you if we find your item or if we have more questions
General questions: 209/372-0200 (then dial 3 then 5)
Open 9 am to 5 pm Pacific time (closed for lunch). If you're returned to the main menu, it means the ranger is already on the line (try again).
Wilderness questions (including backpacking and Half Dome): 209/372-0826
Open 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Public Information Office
PO Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
Looking for a physical address? Please note that GPS units do not always provide accurate directions to or within Yosemite. Yosemite covers 1,200 square miles and does not have a single address. We do not recommend using GPS units for directions in and around Yosemite.