A Few Things to Remember
- Stay on trails: taking shortcuts causes trail erosion--and is both dangerous and illegal.
- Carry (and drink) plenty of water: a leading cause of injuries on the trail is dehydration. Be sure to treat river, stream, lake, or spring water.
- Pets and bicycles are only permitted on bike paths.
- Horses and mules have the right of way on trails.
- Pack out what you pack in.
- Trails are not maintained nor are they regularly patrolled: travel carefully and at your own risk.
- Smoking while traveling on trails is prohibited, though you may smoke while stopped except when fire restrictions are in effect. (Crush out and dispose of cigarette butts in a trash receptacle.)