Overview of entrance requirements
FreeNo entrance pass required
An entrance pass is not required to access Mammoth Cave National Park.
Other National Park Service sites may require an entrance pass or fee. Depending on your trip plans, an interagency pass may save you money.
There is no fee to enter Mammoth Cave National Park. However, there are fees associated with cave tours, camping, and shelter rentals. For detailed information related to the fees for these activities, please visit our webpage at: https://www.nps.gov/maca/planyourvisit/fees.htm
Mammoth Cave National Park participates in the congressionally authorized Federal Recreation Lands Enhancement Act. Under this program, parks keep 80% of all fees collected; the remaining 20% is deposited in a special account to be used in parks where fees are not collected. Funds generated by the fees are used to accomplish projects the parks have been unable to fund through annual Congressional allocations. Entrance fees help support projects in the park to improve the experience for visitors. For more information, call (270) 758-2180.
Cave Tours Fees
Cave tour offerings change by season. Before arriving to the park for a cave tour, check the current cave program schedule. Advanced reservations are recommended and can be made at Recreation.gov or by calling (877) 444-6777.
Picnic Shelter Reservation Fees
There are two picnic shelters located in the picnic area near the visitor center. Each picnic shelter has ten picnic tables and the open shelter includes a working fireplace. The picnic area also has fire grates, restrooms, fresh water, and a garbage dumpster. Reservations for the picnic shelters can be made on Recreation.gov.
There are three developed campgrounds within the park. Camping fees vary depending on the site. Reservations are recommended and can be made through Recreation.gov.
Mammoth Cave Campground
Mammoth Cave Campground is located on Mammoth Cave Parkway, 1/4 mile from the visitor center.
Maple Springs Group Campground
Maple Springs Group Campground is located on the park's north side on Maple Springs Loop, six miles from the visitor center and three miles north of Green River Ferry. All sites are group sites.pe
Houchin Ferry Campground
Houchin Ferry Campground is located on the park's west side on Houchin Ferry Road, 15 miles from the visitor center and one and a half miles from the town of Brownsville, Kentucky.
Forms of Payment
Acceptable forms of payment for Mammoth Cave National Park’s fees and passes include cash, all major credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, personal checks, business checks, and traveler checks.
Fee Free Days
Several days throughout the year have been designated as entrance fee free days at your national parks. On these days, entrance fees will not be charged, however, camping and other use fees will still be collected. At Mammoth Cave, a select list of cave tours are offered free of charge on these days. Check the current cave tour schedule for more information.
Educational Group Fees
Educational programs are eligible for discounted group rates on cave tours. Contact the park at (270) 758-2180 for more information.
Commercial Use Authorization
A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) is a business permit with the National Park Service. It authorizes you to conduct commercial activities and to provide specific visitor services within a national park. For more information about CUAs, visit our Commercial Use Authorization page.
Cave Tour Cancelation Policy
All changes of tour reservation will be considered a cancellation and charged $1.00 per ticket. Cancellations made fewer than 24 hours in advance of the tour will not receive a refund.
Last updated: May 23, 2023