- Where is the park? - south of Miami, Florida (driving directions).
- What can I do? - boating, fishing, touring, paddling and more.
- Is there camping? - yes, there are two campgrounds.
- Where can I stay? - the park is near Miami, so there are many places close by.
- Can I snorkel in the seagrasses close to shore? - yes, however the coral reefs are over ten miles from the mainland by boat, so please consider one of the snorkel tours.
- Where is the beach? - there is a beach next door in Homestead Bayfront Park with a swimming lagoon and a small beach that is ideal for children. Beaches in the Florida Keys include Bahia Honda and Long Key. Beaches north of the park include Key Biscayne, Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale.
- Is there an entrance fee? - no, but fees are charged for overnight docking, camping and other special uses.
- Can I buy national park passes? - since there is no park entrance fee here, only certain types of passes are available.
- Do I need a fishing license to fish? - yes, see Florida regulations.
- May I volunteer to help the park? - yes, please do!
- Can I see manatees? - yes, ask a park ranger about recent sightings. Manatees are more common during the colder months.
- What are park hours? - the park is 95% water, so for boats it is open all the time.
- How do I find out about park events? - see our calendar, media releases, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: November 6, 2017