Whether you are retired and looking for a way to give back to the community, a college student looking for valuable career experience, or someone actively working and just looking for an occasional change of pace, there are opportunities for you as a volunteer at Biscayne National Park.
Volunteers fill a variety of roles in the park, including:
- providing visitor information at the Dante Fascell Visitor Center
- counting and measuring fish at area marinas to provide important data that will help ensure sustainable fisheries
- roving the park's islands in a boat providing visitor information
- working with kids and families at the park's award-winning Family Fun Fest
- helping at various outreach events around the community
- participating in one of several yearly cleanups to help remove some of the many tons of debris that wash onto park shorelines