Camping is available on 19 of the Lakeshore's 21 islands, and at one campsite on the mainland. Permits are required for all camping, and fees do apply (see camping fees). There are also remote, backcountry camping options within camping zones on 16 of the islands. Pictures and descriptions of the campsites are available in the links below, along with important information to get you prepared for your camping trip.
To make reservations, go to www.recreation.gov/ or call the Park for more information at 715-779-3397, select option 2.
- Permits and Reservations - Learn more about camping options in the Lakeshore, and how to make a reservation online.
- Camping Practices - Leave No Trace principles and pertinent park policies.
- Safety - What you need to know about bears, water, and insects.
- Campsite Map (25kb PDF, non-accessible) - See where all the campsites in the park are located.
- Campsite Directory - View campsites with descriptions for each island.
- Camping Brochure (2.4mb PDF, 2016 version. This pdf is not fully accessible, but all of the content is in the links above, under "Permits and Reservations," "Camping Practices," "Safety," and "Campsite Directory.")
- Primitive Camping Zone Information & Maps
- Nearby Campgrounds
- Campsite GPS Coordinates (62.8kb pdf)