|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Linda Veress, (307) 344-2015
Tower to Mammoth Hot Springs (overnight closure)
- From 11 p.m. Monday, Sept. 11 to 4 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, the road between Tower Junction and Mammoth Hot Springs will close temporarily while crews extricate the final part of a cement truck.
- All lanes of travel will be closed during the operations to ensure visitor safety (see closure map below).
Stay informed on park road status in Yellowstone:
- Visit Park Roads.
- Call (307) 344-2117 for recorded information.
- Receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone by texting "82190" to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions).
- On the evening of Monday, Aug. 28, a cement truck rolled off the road and onto a minivan near Tower Junction. The five occupants of the minivan were extricated and moved to safety. Crews removed parts of the cement truck; however, due to the hardened cement inside, the drum of the truck had to remain on scene until special equipment could arrive to assist with removal.
Last updated: September 8, 2023