|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The parkwide fire danger level for Yellowstone is now VERY HIGH.
- There have been three wildland fires in the park this year, and all have been declared out or controlled. Stay informed about current fire activity in Yellowstone.
- Currently, there are no fire restrictions in place or planned in the park.
- Campfires are only permitted within established fire rings in campgrounds and some backcountry campsites.
- Campfires must always be attended and cold to the touch before abandoning. Soak, stir, feel, repeat.
- The Greater Yellowstone area is a fire-adapted ecosystem. Fire plays an important role in maintaining the health of this area’s wildlife habitat and vegetation.
Tags: wildland fire
Last updated: September 6, 2022