|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The elk mating season has begun in Yellowstone National Park.
- Bull elk can be unpredictable and dangerous during this time.
- Stay alert! People have been severely injured by elk. Elk run quickly and may change direction without warning.
- Always maintain a distance of at least two bus lengths (25 yards) from elk.
- If an elk charges you, find shelter in your vehicle or behind a tall, sturdy barrier as quickly as possible.
- Follow directions from park rangers.
- You are responsible for your own safety.
Last updated: September 2, 2021