|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The 0.5-acre Brimstone Fire was detected on the afternoon of August 26 east of Yellowstone Lake. See map.
- Likely caused by lightning, it is burning in a spruce and fir forest.
- For safety reasons, the Brimstone Bay campsite 5E4 near the Thorofare Trail is closed until further notice.
- Due to low fire activity, the Thorofare Trail remains open. Hikers can check the current status of the trail at Backcountry Situation Report.
- Fire staff will monitor the fire.
- The Greater Yellowstone area is a fire-adapted ecosystem. Fire plays an important role in maintaining the health of this area’s wildlife habitat and vegetation.
- Stay informed about current fire activity in Yellowstone.
Tags: wildland fire
Last updated: August 27, 2019