|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The Mount Washburn Trail and trailhead parking lot at Dunraven Pass will close for improvements August 6-27, 2019.
- The trail and trailhead parking lot is located 4.5 miles north of Canyon Junction.
- The closure is necessary for public safety and will include the replacement of a deteriorated multi-tiered log crib that structurally supports the trail. Find a photo of the unsafe crib on Flickr.
- To replace the crib wall, trail crew will use cable rigging and fall protection systems affixed to fabricated anchorages constructed into the trail. A helicopter will deliver log pilings to the work site.
- Please plan accordingly.
- The Mount Washburn Trail from Chittenden Road will remain open.
- Find updated trail status on the Backcountry Situation Report and at visitor centers.
Last updated: June 5, 2019