Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park commemorates the struggles and accomplishments of all who participated in the Klondike Gold Rush. Whether you are a history lover or want to see more of Alaska's outstanding scenery, the park has something for you. Here are some ideas to consider for your time in here:
If you have half a day, begin your tour at the National Park Visitor Center located in the restored 1898 rail depot at 2nd & Broadway.
- Ask for free tickets for the ranger-led walking tour. (1 hour)
- See the free park film, "Gold Fever: Race to the Klondike." (30 minutes)
- Attend an auditorium program. Offered daily at 10:00 am. Topics vary.
- Visit the park museum adjacent to the visitor center and stroll through the restored historic Mascot Saloon.
- Experience the gold rush at the Junior Ranger Activity Center. Great for families.
- To old to be a Jr Ranger? Become a Deputy Ranger, ask for details or get started at home!