- Wedding Permits: Plan your special day in the park.
- Special Use Permits: Required for certain organized activities and events.
- 1st Amendment Activities: Political events, public assemblies, demonstrations, the distribution of literature, church services and other similar activities.
- Commercial Filming and Still Photography: Learn about guidelines and requirements.
- Commercial Services Permits: Required to conduct business in the park.
- Scatter Cremated Ashes: Parties must follow all conditions of attached letter of permission.
- Permit for Scientific Research and Collecting: For questions pertaining to research projects in the park, please e-mail or call (828) 926-6251 or visit the website of the Appalachian Highlands Learning Center.
- Cave Exploration Permits: Not issued at this time due to issues concerning white nose syndrome in bats.
- Fishing: Requires a valid Tennessee or North Carolina license in the park.