If you are interested in getting married in Glacier National Park, the following information will be helpful in planning your ceremony.
To be married within Glacier National Park a Special Use Permit is required. Please contact our Special Park Use office prior to submitting an application at (406) 888-7832 to inquire about availability. The Application for Special Use Permit form is to be completed in full and returned, along with a non-refundable fee in the amount of $100.00; payment may be made by check or money order (made out to National Park Service) or by credit card.
The information on the Application for Special Use Permit will assist us in accommodating your request, and the Special Use Permit will provide an avenue for communicating any special concerns or conditions regarding your use of the area that you have requested. The permit also serves as documentation of our agreement regarding the terms and conditions under which the special use of the Park will be approved. Please be sure that the address you use on the application is a reliable place for you to receive mail. When your request is approved a Special Use Permit will be mailed to you for signature. The permit must be returned to the park within 10 business days prior to your event or the permit may be cancelled.
There are several locations were wedding ceremonies are held in Glacier National Park. The more popular areas are at the Apgar and Fish Creek Amphitheaters, and on weekdays at the Fish Creek picnic area. Pictures of suggested wedding locations can be found on our Flickr site.
Additional factors you must consider for the ceremony are:
1. There is always the possibility that due to unforeseen circumstances, such as rain, a snowstorm, or other emergency, that the ceremony would have to be canceled or moved to another location. Historically weather is most favorable during July and August.
2. Please limit the number of vehicles in your party to 10 as parking space is limited. For large gatherings you should consider car pooling or buses to transport your guests. Special Use Permits issued for most facilities and areas will be limited to four hours. Activities may not interfere with normal visitor use of the Park; therefore, areas will not be closed to public access during the event.
3. Park personnel will not be available to offer special assistance for traffic, parking, or other logistical needs associated with your wedding.
4. All participants associated with a Special Park Use event such as a wedding must observe and comply with all Park regulations, including those regarding the storage, handling of food and disposal of trash and garbage. The use of rice or birdseed is not permitted. The area used for your ceremony is to be policed and left in the same condition as it was prior to your event.
5. Amplification of sound before, during, or after the ceremony and connection to park utilities is not permitted.
6. Animals are to be kept on a leash at all times and under physical control and pets, other than service animals are prohibited in the backcountry, along lakeshores and waterways.
7. All guests will be required to purchase an entrance pass to enter the park (including periods when the entrance is not staffed) unless they are: 15 years of age or younger; are 62 years of age or older with a valid Interagency Senior Pass (formerly Golden Age Passport): an Interagency Access (Golden Access); or Interagency or Glacier National Park Annual Pass.
For information regarding the use of facilities and accommodations operated by the lodging concessioner, please contact Glacier National Park Lodges at 855-733-4522.
If you have additional questions regarding your wedding activities in Glacier National Park you may contact the Special Use Permits Office at 406-888-7832.