- Many roads within Glacier National Park are seasonal. Check Road Status to see what's open.
- Some roads outside the park are seasonal as well (parts of U.S. Hwy 89, for example). Check the Montana Department of Transportation map for road status.
- There are no fueling stations within Glacier's boundaries.
- Parking is an issue, particularly at Logan Pass Visitor Center. During summer, that parking lot often fills by late morning. Visitors are encouraged to travel early or use the free park shuttle to avoid congestion. And remember to have patience!
- Piegan/Carway Port of Entry is located on U.S. Hwy 89 north of Babb, MT and is open 7:00 am to 11:00 pm year round.
- Chief Mountain Port of Entry is only open in summer and operating hours vary. See the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website for more details.
- Roosville Port of Entry is located on U.S. Hwy 93 north of Eureka, MT and is open 24/7.
- See the Trail Status page for Goat Haunt entry information.