Entry and Exit Information for Goat Haunt
Goat Haunt is a United States Class B Port of Entry open from 11:15 AM to 5:00 PM each day. All travelers crossing the border at Goat Haunt must present documents that are Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)
- U.S. Citizens must present a U.S. Passport, Enhanced Drivers License, U.S. Passport Card, or NEXUS Card.
- U.S. Resident Aliens must present a U.S. Resident Alien Card.
- Canadian citizens must present a Canadian Passport, Enhanced Drivers License, or NEXUS Card.
- Citizens from countries other than Canada or the United States must present a valid passport and a current I-94 or an I-94W. I-94 forms are available at the U.S. Class A Port of Entries for $6.00 U.S. currency. Canadian currency is not accepted.
For additional information please visit the Department of Homeland Security site.
Arrival by Foot or by Boat
Travel between Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada and the Goat Haunt Ranger Station, U.S. will require an official government issued photo identification card for U.S. or Canadian citizens or permanent residents; all others must carry a valid passport. Persons seeking to travel beyond the Goat Haunt Ranger Station into the United States must present documents that are WHTI compliant. (See the list above). Any person arriving at Goat Haunt, who does not present documents that are WHTI compliant will be denied entry and immediately sent back to Canada.
Children Entering the U.S.
Children, beginning June 1, 2009, U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 16 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory may also present an original or copy of a Birth Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.
Groups of children, beginning June 1, 2009, U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 19 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory and traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization, or sports team, may also present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.
The group should be prepared to present a letter on organizational letterhead with the following information:
- The name of the group and supervising adult.
- A list of the children on the trip, and the primary address, phone number, date of birth, place of birth, and name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child.
- A written and signed statement of the supervising adult certifying that he or she has obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child.
Goat Haunt Hours
Goat Haunt Port of Entry is open from 11:15 AM to 5:00 PM each day. These are the only hours during which hikers will be allowed to access Glacier’s backcountry trails and campgrounds.
Entering Canada at Waterton Townsite
Waterton Townsite is NOT a Canadian Port of Entry therefore all arrivals to Waterton Townsite must phone Canadian Customs without delay at (403) 653-3535 or (403) 653-3009 for acceptance/rejection by Canadian authorities. More Information on contacting Canadian Customs is available at the Waterton Lakes Visitor Centre or the Waterton Station of the Royal Canadian Mounted.