Park Closures & Conditions
Before your visit to the park, be aware of closures that may impact your stay. Check our Alerts page for updated information.
- View current alerts here
Daily Activities & EventsOpportunities for exploring the park and its neighbors are numerous. Whether you want to join a hike, learn about wildlife, ride the train, or attend a concert, there's something for everyone! The Valley Guide is our quarterly schedule of events. A printed copy is available at our visitor centers.
Outdoor AdventuresThere’s a lot to do in the Valley without having to hike for miles. Many iconic locations throughout the park don’t necessarily require a hike—and if they do, it’s short. Visit The Conservancy for CVNP webpage for suggested outdoor adventures.
Boston Store Visitor CenterStart your visit at the Visitor Center. The Boston Store Visitor Center is open seven days each week, year round except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. See Operating Hours and Seasons for detailed hours.
- Location: 1550 Boston Mills Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264
- Parking: There is a small parking lot near the visitor center. Overflow parking is just east of the visitor center in a large gravel lot.
- Oversized vehicles and trailer parking: Recreational vehicles, trailers and buses should park on the corner of Riverview Road and Boston Mills Road adjacent to the Boston Mills Ski Area.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking is located in the main Boston Store lot. The visitor center is fully accessible. The visitor center is along the Towpath Trail, which is also fully accessible.
Canal Exploration CenterFor an in-depth experience centered on canal history, take a trip to Canal Exploration Center in the northern part of the park. Hours vary throughout the year.
- Location: 7104 Canal Road, Valley View, Ohio 44125
- Parking: There is a large paved parking lot suitable for bus, RV, and vehicle parking at Canal Exploration Center.
- Accessibility: Accessible parking is located in the main Canal Exploration Center lot. The Exploration Center is fully accessible. Audio descriptions and assistive listening devices are available for all exhibits. The visitor center is along the Towpath Trail, which is also fully accessible.
Hunt HouseHunt House is a great place to stop along the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail.
Family-friendly exhibits and activities await visitors.
- Location: 2054 Bolanz Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264
- Parking: A small parking lot is located across the street from Hunt House. Crossing Bolanz Road can be hazardous during times of heavy traffic. Visitors should use the crosswalk or plan to access Hunt House via the Towpath Trail on foot or bicycle.
There are many places to stay around the park, We also provide a limited number of campsites.
The park can get very busy during the summer time and during peak hours. Visit certain trails and areas to find the best parking during these times.
- Visit our parking tips page for more information.
Trails and Hiking
Over 125 miles of hiking trails are available for your hiking pleasure. These trails range from nearly level to challenging.
The Cuyahoga Valley has five major bicycle trails for your enjoyment! Ride along the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail, East Rim Mountain Bike Trail, Summit Metro Parks' Bike & Hike Trail, Cleveland Metroparks' All Purpose trails in Brecksville and Bedford reservations, as well as all roads and parking lots. Bicycling is prohibited on all other trails.
- Visit our biking page for more information.
Canoeing and Kayaking
The primary waterway within Cuyahoga Valley National Park is the Cuyahoga River. We are presently developing strategies to protect and enhance river values, including adequate and safe approaches for recreational river use.
- Visit our canoeing and kayaking page for more information.
Scenic Train Rides
Experience the adventure, romance, and nostalgia of a vintage train ride through the heart of Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- Visit our Scenic Train Ride page for more information.
- Visit cvsr.com for more events and updated train schedules.
Whether you are planning a trip to Cuyahoga Valley National Park or doing research for a school project, we have lots of activities and information just for kids.
For the Family
There are plenty of activies and places to go for the entire family.
- Attend a summer concert at Blossom Music Center.
- Visit Cleveland, OH for a day.
- Recommended family hikes.
- Check our online calendar for events.
Tips for A Safe Visit
Whether you are planning a trip to Cuyahoga Valley National Park or any park. Follow our advice for a safe visit.
- Visit our safety page for more information.