- Use is authorized on the paved motor road and overlooks used by motor vehicle traffic during periods of snow cover when otherwise closed to motor vehicles between U.S. 220, Milepost 121.4 and Adney Gap, Milepost 136. The public will be notified of openings through the posting of sings at the respective Mileposts.
(c) Powerless Flight
- Hang gliding and paragliding are authorized under terms of a permit issued by the BlueRidge Parkway at:
- Ravens Roost, Milepost 10.8
- Roanoke Mountain, Milepost 120.5, Roanoke Mountain Overlook
Caution – Roanoke Mountain area has limited safe launch space due to tree and vegetation growth in recent years. The area is not maintained/managed for such use.
- Non-motorized boating is authorized at Price Lake.
- Vessels launching at Price Lake may launch only at established ramps. The following locations are authorized for launching:
- The asphalt launch ramp near the concessions stand
- The concessions stand launch ramp