Wedding Information

Weddings are permitted in Yellowstone National Park in a number of locations. Some of the more popular sites are the Old Faithful area, Lake Butte Overlook and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River. A special park use permit is required and entrance fee policies apply.


A permit is required to hold a wedding in the park unless it is at the Mammoth Chapel. Complete the required permit application (74 KB PDF) and return via email or send it with the non-refundable $75 application fee to:

Visitor Services Office
P.O. Box 168
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190


The fillable permit application (74 KB PDF) must be received in the park no fewer than two weeks prior to your wedding. Once the permit has been approved and issued, it will be sent to you by mail.

Application Fee

All applications must be completed in detail and returned with the $75 non-refundable application fee. Credit card payment can be made with the form found at the following link: Payment Form For Special Park Uses (653 KB PDF).

Entrance Fees

Entrance fees are charged for all wedding participants and guests as they pass through a park entrance station. Lump sum or advance payments are not accepted.

Summary of Marriage License Requirements

Either a Wyoming or a Montana marriage license is applicable for a wedding in Yellowstone National Park. A Montana license is more practical if you are planning be married in the north part of the park near Mammoth Hot Springs and a Wyoming license is preferable if you are being married in the interior of the park near Old Faithful, Canyon, Lake or Grant Villages. If the couple has a Montana license, it will be necessary to sign the papers and perform the State requirements at or north of the 45th parallel (the state line near Mammoth Hot Springs) before or immediately following the ceremony in the park.


A license maybe obtained from the county clerk's office in any courthouse, with Cody and Jackson Hole being the nearest to Yellowstone National Park. Minimum age is 18 years for both parties. A drivers license or photo ID and parent's names and places of birth are required. There is no waiting period once the license is obtained. No blood tests are required. The cost of the license is $30.00. For further information, call Cody at (307) 527-8600 or Jackson Hole at (307) 733-4430.


A license must be obtained from the clerk of the district court in the county courthouse (Livingston or Bozeman being the closest to Yellowstone.) Minimum age is 18 years for both parties and both parties must be present to obtain the license. A drivers license or photo ID is required for proof of age. Blood tests are required with the signature of an M.D. There is no waiting period once the license is obtained. If either of the parties is divorced, a certified copy of the divorce decree is necessary. The cost of the license in Park County is $53.00. For further information, call Livingston at (406) 222-4125.

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 168
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190-0168


(307) 344-7381
Recorded information. For road and weather information, please dial 307-344-2117.

Contact Us