|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, 307-344-2015
- After repairing damage caused by the recent record-breaking flood event, the Beartooth Highway (US-212), located east of the park’s Northeast Entrance between Red Lodge, Montana, and Cooke City, Montana, partially reopened June 28.
- This partial reopening includes 23 miles of the Beartooth Highway beginning at the US-212/WY-296 junction to the Beartooth Ski Hill parking lot.
- Travelers will need to turn around at the ski hill parking lot due to flood damage on the remainder of the highway.
- The towns of Cooke City, Montana, and Silver Gate, Montana, remain open for visitor travel.
- Temporary road closures due to winter weather can occur any time on the highway given its high elevation. Stay informed about local weather conditions.
- Plan ahead. Nighttime closures will resume within this partially reopened roadway at the Pilot Index Overlook east to Beartooth Lake Campground.
- Closures will be in effect from 7.p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Thursday. There will be no closures Friday through Sunday.
- This is a hard closure and traffic will not be allowed to pass through during these times.
- Closures will be in effect through mid-October and are necessary to allow for ongoing highway construction.
- Check the Montana and Wyoming departments of transportation websites for road updates and status throughout the summer.
Last updated: June 28, 2022