|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The Beartooth Highway (US-212), located east of the park’s Northeast Entrance between Red Lodge, Montana, and Cooke City, Montana, opened today, June 9.
- Over the last several days, crews cleared a substantial amount of snow from the highway.
- Temporary road closures due to winter weather can occur any time on the highway given its high elevation. Stay informed about weather conditions.
- Plan ahead. Nighttime closures will begin today:
- Closures will be in effect from 7.p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Thursday. There will be no closures Friday through Sunday.
- This is a hard closure and traffic will not be allowed to pass through during these times.
- The closure is from Pilot Index Overlook east to Beartooth Lake Campground. There will be barricades at the traffic lights on each end. See map.
- Closures will be in effect through mid-October and is necessary to allow for ongoing highway construction.
- Check the Montana and Wyoming departments of transportation websites for road updates and status throughout the summer.
Last updated: June 9, 2022