|Subscribe | What is RSS|
MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, WY – In response to the lapse in federal appropriations, Yellowstone National Park is implementing its plan for a government shutdown:
- Government-run operations and facilities are closed. Entrance stations will not be staffed.
- Visitors driving wheeled vehicles can access the road from Gardiner to the Northeast Entrance and all the commercial services along that route (including commercial services in Mammoth Hot Springs and Tower). =
- Visitors can also access commercial services in the interior of the park (e.g. at Old Faithful) only as long as concessioners provide funds for road grooming.
- All park regulations, including those regarding oversnow travel, still apply. Guided snowmobile and snowcoach trips with commercial operators will be allowed, however, non-commercially guided snowmobile trips will not be allowed during the shutdown.
- If conditions become unsafe at any time, roads and/or developed areas in the park will be closed.
- The park will provide limited emergency response.
- The park website and social media sites will not be maintained.
- The public affairs office will be closed until the government reopens.
Last updated: December 22, 2018