|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The parkwide fire danger level for Yellowstone is now moderate.
- Please update reports and the fire danger signs.
- There are no fire restrictions currently in place in the park.
- All campfires must be cold to the touch before abandoning. Soak, stir, feel, repeat.
- Campfires are only permitted within established fire rings in campgrounds and some backcountry campsites.
- The Greater Yellowstone area is a fire-adapted ecosystem. Fire plays an important role in maintaining the health of this area’s wildlife habitat and vegetation.
- Stay informed about current fire activity in Yellowstone.
Tags: wildland fire
Last updated: September 9, 2019