|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- The first wildfire of the year was detected Wednesday, July 17, by hikers on the Sevenmile Hole trail.
- The lightning-ignited 0.1 acre fire is located 3 miles east of Canyon Village, near the Yellowstone River.
- The fire is smoldering on a steep rocky slope and is not accessible by foot thus the fire will be monitored from the canyon rim by firefighters.
- Currently, the fire does not pose a threat to park visitors.
- Learn more about the park’s Current Fire Activity.
Last updated: July 18, 2019