|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- Elk calving season has started in Yellowstone National Park.
- Cow elk are much more aggressive towards people during the calving season and may charge or kick.
- Stay alert. Look around corners before exiting buildings or walking around blind spots: cow elk may bed their calves near buildings and cars.
- Keep at least 25 yards from elk at all times.
- If an elk charges you, find shelter in your vehicle or behind a tall, sturdy barrier as quickly as possible.
- You are responsible for your own safety.
- Visit Elk for more information.
Last updated: May 21, 2020