|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- If a bear approaches or touches your car, honk your horn and drive away to discourage this behavior.
- On Saturday, May 11, a black bear in the Tower-Roosevelt area put its paws on vehicles.
- In May of 2018, a black bear previously fed by people in the Mammoth Hot Springs area approached a vehicle, put its paws on a door and looked into the vehicle’s windows. Also last May, a grizzly bear near Yellowstone Lake went up to a car and played with its antenna.
- Bears that grow accustomed to people and view humans as a food source can become aggressive and have to be killed.
- Protect yourself and the bears people come to Yellowstone to enjoy.