|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- East Entrance to Lake (Sylvan Pass) and Lake to Canyon Junction will open Friday, May 4, at 8 a.m. to public motorists.
- Anticipate possible temporary closures between East Entrance and Sylvan Pass between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- A significant snowpack still exists on Sylvan Pass.
- Warm and sunny weather will create significant avalanche danger.
- Park rangers will monitor conditions closely.
- Find updated road status on the park website, at visitor centers, and by calling (307) 344-2117. To receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone, text "82190" to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions).
Last updated: May 3, 2018