|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Morgan Warthin, (307) 344-2015
- A five-mile stretch of road between Mammoth Hot Springs and Norris will open to the public Friday, April 20. Anticipate 30-minute delays.
- An April 17 press release, Select Roads Open to Automobiles April 20, Possible Delayed Opening between Mammoth Hot Springs and Norris, stated the road construction area between Willow Park and Roaring Mountain may remain closed due to unsafe driving conditions.
- Since that time, construction crews worked hard to improve the area and now the road is passable for vehicles.
- Be advised that while roads will open to park areas, area trails and boardwalks may not be accessible due to heavy snow. Stay informed. Check locally at visitor centers and on the park website for up-to-date information.
- Find updated road status on the park website, at Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, Canyon Village, and West Yellowstone visitor centers, and by calling (307) 344-2117. To receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone, text "82190" to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions).
Tags: National Park Week