By law, 80 percent of the money collected from entrance fees is used for projects that directly benefit visitors. The remaining 20 percent goes to parks that do not charge fees to help them with visitor services. Shenandoah has used fees to rehabilitate historic structures, preserve the health of the forest, and to hire temporary staff who improve trails and lead ranger programs. If you look around the Park, you will surely see your fee dollars hard at work!
All entrance fees at Shenandoah National Park are valid for unlimited entry for seven consecutive days, beginning on the day of purchase. A commercial tour is defined as consisting of one or more persons traveling on an itinerary that has been packaged, priced, or sold for leisure or recreational purposes by an organization that realizes financial gain through the provision of the service.
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Single Vehicle - $30.00
This fee covers unlimited entry for one vehicle and all passengers for seven consecutive days, beginning on the day of purchase. Vehicles must be private, noncommercial, and with a seating capacity of 15 or less.
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Single Motorcycle - $25.00
Covers entry for one motorcycle and one passenger for seven consecutive days, beginning on the day of purchase.
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Individual Person - $15.00
The fee for walk-up or bicycling visitors, when 16 years of age or older (children under 16 are admitted for free). Includes entering the Park by all means other than a private, non-commercial vehicle. A family traveling together shall pay no more than the vehicle fee.
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Commercial Tour (1-6 Passengers) - $25.00
The total cost is calculated: $25 + $10 per passenger
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Commercial Tour (7-15 Passengers) - $75.00
This entry fee is based upon the total capacity of a vehicle that can carry 7-15 passengers, regardless of the actual number of passengers.
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Commercial Tour (16-25 Passengers) - $100.00
This entry fee is based upon the total capacity of a vehicle that can carry 16-25 passengers, regardless of the actual number of passengers
Shenandoah Entrance Fee - Commercial Tour (26+ Passengers) - $200.00
This entry fee is based upon the total capacity of a vehicle that can carry 26 or more passengers, regardless of the actual number of passengers
At Shenandoah's entrance stations you can purchase an America the Beautiful Annual Pass and a Senior Pass. You can also obtain a free Access Pass, Military Pass for active duty military members, or a Fourth Grade Pass. The pass holder must be present with identification for entry into the Park. We cannot look up information if your pass is lost or stolen and cannot accept receipts or pictures of the pass in lieu of the actual pass.
Camping FeesCamping fees are separate from your entrance to the Park. Access and Senior Pass holders recieve 50 percent off camping in Shenandoah. Camping fees vary depending on which campground you stay in. Visit the camping page to learn more.
Every Kid Outdoors allows U.S. fourth graders and family members free access to over 2,000 federal lands and waters so you can discover our wildlife, resources, and history. Every Kid Outdoors creates crucial connections to public lands and inspires a future generation of stewards for America's spectacular national parks and other public lands.
Effective immediately, all 5th graders (including home-schooled and free-choice learners) shall be granted free entrance to all Department of the Interior managed lands and waters until August 31, 2021. Unlike Every Kid Outdoors (Annual 4th Grade Pass) paper vouchers will NOT be exchanged for a physical pass.
How it works
Learn more about the fifth grade program and obtain a paper voucher.
Effective Wednesday, November 11, 2020 (Veterans Day) and every day onward, all U.S. armed service veterans and Gold Star dependents shall be granted free entrance to all Department of the Interior managed lands and waters. Travelling companions of the veteran or voucher-holder who are occupants of a single, private non-commercial vehicle OR three additional travelling companions (16 and older) are also allowed free entrance. The voucher is non-transferrable and void if altered. The fee waiver does not cover expanded amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, transportation, special recreation permits or special tours.
Find out more information about the program and download the Gold Star Family Voucher.
Academic Fee Waivers
School groups and other approved academic institutions can obtain a waiver of entrance fees, provided the group is visiting for educational purposes and the resources the group intends to use support those purposes. Learn more about academic fee waivers.
Last updated: November 12, 2020